This presentation summarizes new capabilities that are being incorporated into the AWIPS including:
• AWIPS Migration – Moving into the next era of Service Oriented Architecture to allow “plugin capabilities” to allow more efficient and structured application and baseline Configuration Management (CM) of the AWIPS system.
• End State Workstation – Combining the AWIPS Graphics and Text workstation into one single workstation that will increases productivity and reduces hardware footprint in the operations area.
• Central Weather Service Unit (CWSU) work – Infusing the End State Workstation into CWSU Centers that will enhance operational capability at each of the CWSU centers across the enterprise.
• Tsunami IT Modernization – Implementing the Tsunami Operational System (TOPS) which is built upon the AWIPS hardware and software framework.
• National Centers AWIPS (NAWIPS) Migration – Migrating of NAWIPS capabilities into the AWIPS II Service Oriented Architecture.
• Experiments in Virtualization – Re-hosting of the AWIPS system by abstracting the hardware aspect thus reducing the hardware footprint of the AWIPS server hardware dependency.