Tuesday, 24 January 2017: 1:30 PM
608 (Washington State Convention Center )
Advanced Weather Interactive Processing System (AWIPS) continues to evolve to support the mission of the National Weather Service (NWS). As a result, there are several projects that are being developed and/or being implemented that will enhance and improve services across the NWS enterprise.
This presentation summarizes new capabilities available in AWIPS including:
- End-State Workstation Implementation – Combining the AWIPS Graphics and Text workstation into one single workstation that increases productivity and reduces hardware footprint in the operations area.
- Data Delivery – Implementation of capability to allow forecasters to access data not provided by the Satellite Broadcast Network.
- Tsunami IT Modernization – Implementing the Tsunami Operational System (TOPS) which is built upon the AWIPS hardware and software framework.
- NAWIPS Migration – Migrating of National Centers AWIPS capabilities into the AWIPS II Service Oriented Architecture.
- Indicates paper has been withdrawn from meeting
- Indicates an Award Winner